October 13th was Canadian Thanksgiving. So, we ordered an Edible Arrangement (fruit arrangement) for Scott and the other 3 Elders that live in "the Mansion" with him. It was delivered the Friday before. Well, about 11am, on that Friday, the phone rings with a 905 area code, which I knew was Scott's because I had just ordered the arrangement. I immediately panicked, then thought that there might be a problem with the delivery. Well, it was Sister Knowlton, who is also the mission secretary. She called to let me know that it had arrived and she started gushing about the beautiful arrangement and how delicious it looked. She said "I just called Elder Persons right away and told him he just had to get over here." She then shared how much she loved Scott and what a great missionary he was. That she had the opportunity to teach with him, and he really knew his doctrine. That he always had a smile on his face!! Well, that call made my day, week, and month!!!!
Here's a little bit of Scott's last email:
"All is well up here!! The baptism went great!! It was all in Chinese, but it didn't matter!!! The spirit was so strong, I loved it so much!! Then after, we walked over to the temple and took some pics! It was great!! Though all of a sudden it got very cold! It actually snowed yesterday! it's not on the ground, but it still did snow. We have interviews with the President today. Always a good thing. We get to talk about the work and how everything is going. Every transfer he travels around the mission and interviews every missionary. Crazy eh?? I love it!!!"
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
awh what a great missionary mom to send that! I know the missionaries would have really appreciated that! :) It is so great to hear how awesome Scott..uhh Elder Persons (lol) is doing!!
Nona you are so sweet! That is where you boy gets it from. I bet he was so excited. I could see his face now. LOL Well thanks for sharing your story.
Post a Comment